Due to the powerful nature of sound vibrations on the body and the intense detox effect that people can experience, please read through the Contraindications page prior to making a booking to determine if Sound Energy Practice is right for you at this time. Please contact me directly with any questions.
Biofield Tuning is not advised for individuals who are extremely ill as it may create a strong healing response in the system. As the body releases tension, any toxins that have been held in constricted tissue are released which has the capacity to produce flu-like symptoms, exhaustion, waves of emotion, loose stools and in extreme cases (very rare) rashes and vomiting. Cancer, pregnancy, palliative care, and pacemakers are contraindicated in Biofield Tuning.
The following is a list of specific situations or conditions that Biofield Tuning should not be used in conjunction with:
Cancer: Detox pathways are often too compromised and the body doesn’t have the resources to manage the process. Detox can be severe. Tumors seem to be irritated by tuning
Terminal illness: Body systems are compromised and do not have capacity to digest energy. Detox can be severe.
End-of-life: Tuning forks are too strong for the system. Detox can be severe.
Pregnancy: Could potentially send client into detox. Risk for miscarriage.
Pacemaker or other implanted electronic medical devices: Tuning forks could interfere with these devices.
Recent concussions: Brain is swollen and takes a while for inflammation to resolve. Wait at least 3 months before doing a tuning on the head, 6 months is even better.
Morbid obesity: Not necessarily contraindicated, but can create profound detox. Suppressed emotions held in fat cells
Sound healing instruments cannot be used directly:
- on any deep vein thrombosis in the leg or known thrombi.
- on open wounds.
- on acute inflammations and tumours.
- directly on or above a pacemaker or defibrillator.
- directly on or anywhere in the immediate area of a metallic implant.
- post surgery before the sutures have been removed and the scar is not fully healed and closed.
- around the neck in case of carotid atherosclerosis.
The following people should consult their doctor before first use:
- People with carotid stenosis (prior to application in the area of the carotid artery/larynx)
- People with cardiac pacemakers, artificial heart valves, or cardiac arrhythmias
- People with a stent
- People with a shunt
- People with a deep brain stimulation device (DBS)
- Pregnant women